As stated by so many excellent buyer review posts, the Bactrack S80 appears to be deemed a highly regarded product on the Amazon website, and as a result, right here we are going to take a peek at exactly what makes it such a sought-after product.
The Bactrack S80 investigated here refers to the actual BACtrack Select S80 Breathalyzer Professional Edition. This particular breath analyzer makes use of an improved fuel-cell sensing unit which, as opposed to more affordable breathalyzers employing semiconductor-based sensing technologies, makes certain that one gets very exact measurements. This essentially is a professional breath analyzer which swiftly measures bloodstream alcohol content, also known as BAC, and it is the ideal choice for law enforcement, medical practices, hospitals, businesses, as well as for private use, any time that a precise reading is required.
The Bactrack S80 has been subjected to testing by way of the DOT/NHTSA and fulfills their prerequisites for a breath alcohol testing device. The S80 is also FDA 510(k) cleared for private use.
This particular device incorporates a fairly easy one-button functioning that enables one to start testing in only 10 seconds, with a refresh time of 10 to 20 seconds between tests. Providing precise four-digit results on a bright LCD display, the S80 is able to revealing trace amounts of alcohol, an essential characteristic in zero-tolerance locations for example treatment centers as well as alcohol-free homes.
This cell-phone-sized breathalyzer fits easily in pockets, handbags, or even glove compartments, and is compact as well as practical enough for any individual to take wherever they go.
This unit impressed the hell out of me, regarding its consistency. It measures to .001% BAC, and it gave me exactly the same number, every time … Previously, I had an [another product], which always gave me a range of numbers. I eventually tossed that other product in the dumpster, because I didn’t trust it. (Amazon Reviewer: J. J. Dunn)
There are many advantages to the Xtend fuel cell technology used in the Bactrack S80 breathalyzer. The advantages are listed below:
- This device provides four digit test results which can pick up trace amounts of alcohol, for example amounts such as 0.002 %BAC. This is quite helpful in zero-tolerance environments where test subjects may have consumed only a small amount of alcohol.
- It has an extended sensor life, unlike less expensive breathalyzers using semiconductor-based sensing technology, and it will therefore need less frequent service as well as maintenance.
- The Xtend fuel cell technology used in this breathalyzer extends the useable range of accuracy all the way from 0.000 up to 0.400. Since this breathalyzer indicates a linear response to the alcohol measured, it will give more accurate results over the entire range of alcohol concentrations.
- The Xtend technology furthermore extends this device’s useable battery life right up to 1500 tests per set of AA batteries.
This breathalyzer generally is sold from more or less $139.99 to $249.99, and furthermore, quite often Amazon has discounts on it. Click this link to take a look at the most up-to-date price tag.
As mentioned above, the Xtend Sensor Technology provides the S80 with greater accuracy than semiconductor-based units, which are susceptible to disturbances from acetone, a compound commonly found in people who are afflicted by diabetes or who are actually on low-calorie diet plans. The Xtend Sensor Technology additionally ensures precise data at high quantities of blood-alcohol concentration. This specific device additionally makes use of temperature-checking, user-adjustable warning levels as well as an enclosed miniature air pump to accurately obtain breath samples, which assists in increased degrees of accuracy.
Right here are just a few significant characteristics of the Bactrack S80:
- A clear four digit LCD screen that provides easy as well as accurate results; and also gives test results in extended accuracy format
- This device features a single button operation – you only need to press power and you can start testing in a matter of seconds
- The unit’s mouthpieces are individually wrapped for safe storage before its first use
- It gives enhanced linear accuracy as weel as an extended battery life
- For continuous temperature checking there are user-adjustable warning levels, as well as an internal pump system for breath capture
The S80’s box comes with the following items: The BACtrack S80 Pro Breathalyzer, a hard cover carrying case, six mouth pieces, 2 AA batteries, as well as a user manual.
The operation of the S80 is really one-button simple. About 10 seconds after a short blow on the device, you’ll get an accurate reading. The S80 also stays quite consistent between readings.
If you want to use this device in your personal capacity, it is a good idea to make it available to your guests over for parties, barbecues, etc. as it really would be the responsible thing to do to ensure that nobody leaves your house unaware that they happen to be over the legal blood-alcohol limit. The same applies to going with your friends to a bar, restaurant or a sporting event. The good thing is that you can trust the readings on this device, and wouldn’t send someone driving home drunk, while thinking they are actually still ok.
You can just have a look at what a customer had to say regarding this specific breathalyzer:
I am an engineer and was impressed with the design specifications of the S80. I’ve actually experimented with a number of different breathalyzers over the years but this is the one I own. I wanted one that the cops use. (A. J. Piccioni)
Review was paraphrased for size – click here to view original review